This summer I read Giraffes Can’t Dance by Giles Andreae and Guy Parker -Rees and instantly fell in love with the story. If you have a child who struggles to fit in or feels like no one likes them, I would take the time to read this story. It celebrates UNIQUENESS and being who you are created to be. A WIN WIN in my book.
Host a Dance Party. Add a little twist by playing Freeze Dance where the child dances until the music stops and has to freeze like a statue. It will keep the child listening, laughing and dancing. Older children will want to look at your hands so they know when your are pausing the music so keep them guessing by dancing crazy yourself.
I’ve created a Just Dance Playlist to get you started. HAPPY DANCING!!!
- Better When I’m Dancin by Meghan Trainor
- Shake it Off by Taylor Swift
- Gold by Britt Nicole
- This is Living by Hillsong Young & Free
- Beautiful Day by Jaime Grace
- Alive by Hillsong Young & Free
- Shout by Isley Brothers
- Jump by Kris Kross
- Be Exalted by Watoto Children’s Choir
- Real Love by Hillsong Young & Free
Sign up for free activity ideas from Creative Nannies here.