Another wonderful Dollar Tree find were the Eyeball Ping Pong Balls. They were located in the Halloween section. Immediately I thought – what a cool fine motor skill game for toddlers and preschool age children that I work with. I also discovered infants like to make noise with the container and pick up the ping pongs.
Here are the steps to make your own Eyeball Ping Pong Drop game:
- Sure Fresh Tall Container with lids
- Halloween Eyeball Ping Pong
- Alphabet Stickers
- Clear Contact Paper
- Scissors or Exacto Knife
- Trace a circle in the center on the lid of the plastic container.
- Cut out the circle using either an exacto knife or a sharp pair of scissors.
- Arrange the stickers on top of the lid.
- Trace the inner circle of the lid.
- Cut out two lid size clear contact paper circles.
- Place the clear contact paper circles on each side of the lid.
- At the center of the lid there should be a clear covered hole. You will need to cut out the clear inner contact paper circle to allow the eyeball ping pongs to go through the top.
- Place the eyeballs into the container.
- Place the lid back on the container.
How to Play the Game:
- Take the eyeball ping pongs out of the container.
- Allow the child to place the eyeballs into the holes.
- For infants or toddlers you will need to model the skill a few times before they catch on. Infants may want to shake the container to listen to the noise the ping pongs make.
- For preschool children you can practice counting numbers as they drop the ping pongs in the hole.