- Baby Oil
- Sand Toys
- Storage Container
- Measure out 8 cups of flour.
- Add one cup of baby oil.
- Mix the 2 ingredients together.
- Place the moon sand in your storage container.
- The moon sand will stay fresh for up to 6 months.
The first go around you will need to model for the child how to build. Teach the child words like fill up, pat, pour, stack.
For preschool age children:
Ask the child to help with measuring out each cup of flour and baby oil. They will love to mix the ingredients together as well so be sure to have a deep mixing bowl. This encourages the child to practice saying their numbers.
How to Play:
- Allow the children to build and create sand scupltures in the moon sand.
- You can also add theme sand toys such as beach, cooking utensils or construction trucks. This provides the children with an opportunity to pretend play being either a cook, construction worker or a civil engineer.