I had a blast creating this DIY Monster Doll using It’s Always Autumn Felt Monster Pattern. I had extra Halloween fabric so I decided to use that instead of felt for the body. I am very pleased with the outcome. This adorable doll will accompany me as I read I Need My Monster by Amanda Noll to my little buddies.
DIY Monster Doll
- Monster Pattern by It’s Always Autumn
- 1/8 yard of Fabric
- Poly-Fil Fiberfill
- Pencil or Chopstick
- Cut out the monster pattern out of fabric.
- Cut out felt eyes, mouth or teeth.
- Hand stitch the felt piece on the front panel of doll.
- Put right sides together and sew a 3/8 inch seam around the the monster. Be sure to leave a gap so you can turn the doll inside out.
- Use a pencil or chopstick to make sure all the curves are pushed out.
- Fill the doll with Poly-Fil. I would recommend making the doll firm by using an ample amount of filling.
- Hand stitch the opening closed.
I would also recommend watching Rita Moreno’s wonderful rendition of the I Need My Monster story on the Screen Actors Guild Foundation Storyline Online.