Play time with infants is often a little on the quiet side and a lot of repetitive motions to discover their world. Around 6 months infants will start reaching and grabbing for items. Taggy toys encourage infants to develop their pincher grasp and learn how to pick up items. Find
I used Purl Bee Soho Beach Ball free pattern. You can make three different sizes (small, medium or large). The photo above is a medium size ball. In order to make the ball a taggy you will need to add ribbons.
DIY Halloween Taggy Ball
- 1/4 of yard of fabric of your choice
- Ribbon of your choice
- Poly-Fil Fiberfill
- Cut out the 8 spheres
- Cut 4 ribbons 6 inches long
- Fold the ribbon in half and pin the edges to the right side of a sphere.
- Tact or base stitch the ribbon to the sphere.
- Take a pair of spheres, place them right sides together and sew along one side of the sphere.
- Repeat step 5 for the remaining 3 pairs of spheres. You should have four 2 panel spheres now.
- Next take a pair of 2 panel sphere panels, place them right sides together and sew along one side of the sphere. You should have a two 4 panel spheres now.
- Put together the 4 panel spheres right sides together.
- Sew one side of the sphere together
- For the last side of the sphere, you will sew it together leaving an opening you can turn the ball inside out.
- Turn the ball inside out and begin stuffing it with the fiberfill. Make sure to make the ball firm.
- Top stitch the opening together