Raise your hand if you love the scent of coffee? ME!!!! When I saw the recipe on Pinterest I was like “Definitely going to make that!”
I used the Mud Like Coffee Playdough recipe from Kid Activities blog. I slightly adapted the recipe since I did not have instant coffee. I actually brewed a cup of coffee instead and used 2 tablespoons of the coffee. I drank the rest – no need to waste a good cup of coffee. LOL. However the next time I make a batch I plan to substitute the hot water for a cup of coffee.
Here is Kid Activities Mud Like Coffee Playdough Ingredients with my adaptions:
- 2 Cups of Flour
- 1/2 Cup of Coffee Grounds
- 1 Cup of Salt
- 2 Teaspoons of Cream of Tartar
- 1 Cup of very hot coffee
- 2 Tablespoons of oil
- Mix together the dry ingredients
- Add the oil and hot cup of coffee
- Mix together.
- Allow it to cool for a few minutes
- Knead the dough
- Store the playdough in a ziploc or plastic container